Tuesday 8 February 2011

How it all began

Once upon a time, and for 20 years, I poured beer for a living. And now I'm a parent.

Blimey.

Leo, Harvey the labrador and I are lucky enough to live in Henley on the beautiful Thames. Although I have lived in Henley for 20 years - I am now seeing a different side of the town - less Pouilly Fussee and more Pooey Nappy. Its quite a shift. Once I knew all of the bars and their landlords - indeed I was one of them - now I go to coffee mornings held by the Church, I drink small cups of tea (on saucers) and the lovely old ladies offer Fox's biscuits on china plates. I have long conversations about the virtues of reuseable nappies versus disposables, I rant passionately about the availability of changing facilities in public bathrooms - I watch Gok pour tubby ladies into unsightly fat pants and think "Oooo they're good....". And so occasionally its all rather a shock, and I'm left scratching my head wondering how we got here!

No comments:

Post a Comment